Kenya & Google Loon 4G

Information Technology, AI, Computers, Mobiles etc.
xtyrt5

Kenya & Google Loon 4G

Post by xtyrt5 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:25 am

The [Google Loon 4G] service will also boost online learning as it will allow teachers and students to access education materials remotely.
https://www.kbc.co.ke/kenya-approves-ro ... sruptions/
Loon LLC is an Alphabet Inc. subsidiary working on providing Internet access to rural and remote areas. The company uses high-altitude balloons in the stratosphere at an altitude of 18 km to 25 km to create an aerial wireless network with up to 4G-LTE speeds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loon_LLC
The partnership between Telkom Kenya & Google to make internet available even to remote places in Kenya is very good news.

However, whenever the deal is too good, there is always a catch. ALWAYS. This should not present any problems as long as Kenyans know what the catch is.

Kenyans gain from (almost) free internet services. Google gains by accessing Kenyans’ most private data. When using this Google Loon 4G service, every keystroke on your computer, every file on your phone, every data you receive or send via any electronic device in your home or office, regardless of passwords, regardless of encryption, is accessible to Google Inc. and shadowy third parties also have access to that data.

This, however, does not present any problem to 99% of Google Loon 4G service users in Kenya. However, if someone is involved in, say, discussing important Kenyan security or political strategies, then you will soon find that your strategies always leak (unless your opinions dovetail with the opinion of the entities who have access to the data)…

You could be using this technology to discuss how to launch a surprise attack on Al Shaabab terrorists who have closed into Kenya (using encrypted software), and they will learn about your plans, and embarrass you…

Would I use Google Loon 4G service? Definitely. But I will be aware everything I do on my gadgets is known by many other people. Therefore, I would not use the service to do anything that would bring me problems if it leaked.

CONCLUSION: Google Loon 4G service in Kenya can really help in areas like education and communications. Use it wisely, and you will benefit.
kenyagoogleloon4g.jpg

xtyrt5

Kenya & Google Loon 4G

Post by xtyrt5 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:27 am

Arizona sues Google for ‘misleading’ users by secretly tracking their personal data on smartphones.

Google has been accused of collecting data on people’s whereabouts and their searches even when they disabled these options on their mobile devices.

The lawsuit, filed by Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, alleges that certain apps developed by the Silicon Valley-based company tracked and stored location records and search history on Android-running smartphones even when users turned off these options.

The apps that allow the collection of personal data without users’ consent include mapping and weather, which violates Arizona’s consumer protection laws, the lawsuit says.
https://kenyaiforum.co.ke/viewtopic.php ... &start=12/
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13340&start=12/
googlerico.jpg