Betting in Kenya

Kenya news.
jasho

Betting in Kenya

Post by jasho » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 am

The crackdown against avaricious betting companies operating in Kenya should be supported. The current betting craze in Kenya is the result of a major racket against Kenyans, equivalent to terrorism.

Reports indicate that (poor) Kenyans spent 200 Billion shillings in the past year on betting. This is a national crisis.

The foreigners behind “Kenyan” betting companies are part of the most powerful global organised crime syndicate. They first created “Kenyan” websites, hired Kenyans as fronts (to appear to be owners of those websites), and proceeded to use those highly-ranked websites to bombard Kenyans with information about the “business” and “benefits” of betting.

In my opinion, as long as the turnover in the betting industry in Kenya is over 5 billion shillings per year, the government has not done enough to protect vulnerable Kenyans from the betting companies.

The government should urgently aim to reduce the amount Kenyans spend on betting per year from the current 200 Billion, to less than 5 Billion.

And no betting company should be allowed to operate in Kenya if it is not owned 100% by Kenyan citizens.

Some people argue that the government shouldn’t interfere with the betting industry since people are betting their own money. Wrong.

When hundreds of thousands of very young Kenyans have become bankrupt because of betting, that becomes the government’s problem.

Betting has made very many young Kenyans become much, much poorer. This leads to increase in depression cases, domestic violence, anti-social behaviour, theft…Betting therefore becomes the government’s problem.

But the major argument for the Kenyan government to crack down hard on betting companies is because the millions of people who are made destitute by betting can easily be hired by some rich demagogue to cause chaos in the country. Desperate people will do anything for some handout. Betting, therefore, has become a major security threat.

jasho

Betting in Kenya

Post by jasho » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 am

gamblingcompaniescrackdown.jpg
“The government is set to deport 17 directors of gambling companies as the crackdown on the betting culture in the country intensifies.

“Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangi has already signed deportation orders for the officials, mainly from Eastern Europe who are accused of violating their work permits to engage in gambling, a Spokeswoman for the ministry said Tuesday.

“Most East Europeans violated work permits by engaging in business not stated on applications,” Wangui Muchiri said, “The deportation orders are immediate.”
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2019/0 ... illegally/

Way to go. They have been using betting as a terror weapon. They are the modern day economic hitmen.

Some people say the government crackdown on betting will make gambling companies’ workers and sales agents jobless, that families will suffer. People who say that, do they know how many mouths are fed by a successful bank robber, or a successful killer-for-hire? Should they also be allowed to work unimpeded because they have dependents?

jasho

Betting in Kenya

Post by jasho » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 am

Betting firms SportPesa and Betin have finally thrown in the towel.
nation.co.ke/news/Sportpesa-Betin-halt-operations-in-Kenya/1056-5290596-m6fvto/index.html
Good. Very good.
SportPesaBetin.jpg

jasho

Betting in Kenya

Post by jasho » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:51 am

As some Kenyan betting fans face Monday blues over the exit of SportPesa and Betin from the Kenyan market, a parliamentary committee chairman Kanini Kega is a happy man.

Mr Kega, who heads the National Assembly Committee on Trade, says the closure of shop of the two firms will help improve the lives of the youth.”
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kanini-Ke ... index.html
If I was a director of any of these betting companies, I would be ashamed to know that the betting companies’ owners selected me solely because they knew I was too stupid to realise that I was being used to destroy my country.

Thank you Mr Kega.
KaniniKega_SportPesa.jpg